.widget.ContactForm { display: none; }

Monday 6 July 2015

INTRODUCING: LIFE OF A UNI STUDENT



As I'm about to enter my final year of university, I have been reflecting on my journey so far and all the tips, advice and information I wish I had  been aware of prior to starting each new year, that could have made my experience not only easier but all the more enjoyable.

With a lot of my younger cousins, my sibling and family friends about to embark on the same adventure I figured this would be a great way to share some advice and encouragement for young people who are about to enter this new chapter in their lives. I'm considering making this a completely separate blog so let me know what you guys think? 


So far I can honestly say that going to university has been the best experience of my life! Not only have I enjoyed the studying aspect even with its challenges, but I also met life long friends including my best friend, gained new career experiences and opportunities and seen myself really grow more than any other time in my life into the woman I believed God has destined me to become.


But as we all know going to uni isn't just about the academic side of things (though that should be the most important part) as there are so many other things to consider such as:


1. What uni should I go to? How do I even decide?

2. Should I live in halls or stay at home? What about living with friends?
3. Assignments: Keeping to deadlines and what happens if I miss one?
4. To rave or not to rave?
4. What clubs and societies should I join?
6. Should I do a placement year?
7. Does being a Christian limit the 'fun' of my university experience?
8. How and when do I start planning for my 'life after university?'
9. Is good Time management possible? 
10.Exams: Revision techniques 
11. How do I budget whilst I'm in uni? Will I need to get a job?
12. Is it ok to be in a relationship whilst I am in uni or will it jeopardise my success?   
13. How do I maintain my relationship with God whilst in uni?
14. Dealing with stress and identity crisis 
15. Identifying and avoiding temptations

These are just a few of the issues i'll be tackling in this new segment and no stone will go unturned so feel free to send me any questions, thoughts or ideas you would like me to share and I hope this will help make your experience as smooth and stress free as possible and remember- you CAN do all things through Christ who strengthens you! (Phil 4:13)


I look forward to hearing all your queries and stay tuned for the next segment! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contact Form

Name

Email *

Message *